The University of Manitoba invites applications for its 2015 Anne Smigel scholarship. At a time when the earnings on the fund permit, two or more scholarships may be offered, upon the discretion of the selection committee.
Ms Anne Smigel, with a personal donation and with an additional contribution from the Manitoba Scholarship and Bursary Initiative, has established a fund at The University of Manitoba. The purpose of the fund is to encourage and reward students at The University of Manitoba who pursue studies in and develop their knowledge of Ukrainian heritage in Canada. A scholarship valued at the available annual income from the fund shall be offered annually to a student who:
The selection committee shall be named by the Director of the Centre for Ukrainian Canadian Studies.
Worth of Award: Scholarship Value for 2015: $1500.00
- Has completed at least 30 credit hours at the University of Manitoba, in any Faculty or School (undergraduate or graduate) or in University 1;
- While enrolled in any Faculty or School or in University 1, has completed at least one course (3 credit hours) in Ukrainian Canadian Heritage Studies;
- Has achieved a high cumulative grade point average (a minimum of 3.0);
- Enrolls, as a full- or part-time student, in at least one course (3 credit hours) in Ukrainian Canadian Heritage Studies in the year in which this scholarship is tenable, in any Faculty or School at the University of Manitoba; and
- Best exemplifies an interest and promise in the study of Ukrainian Canadian Heritage Studies, as demonstrated by a combination of a statement of purpose from the applicant and a letter of reference.
How to Apply
Applicants will be required to submit an application consisting of the following:
- A brief statement of their interest in the study of Ukrainian Canadian Heritage Studies and the reasons as to why they are interested in this particular area,
- A current academic transcript
- A letter of reference from a professor at a post-secondary institution and
- Plans for courses in 2014-15
Deadline: Application Closing Date To Be Announced