The University of Lincoln invite applications for its University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary which goes to an exceptional student embarking on a postgraduate taught course within any discipline this academic year (2015/2016).
Students who have applied to enroll on a postgraduate taught course in September 2015 are invited to submit an application for the bursary, outlining why the Court should support them on the basis of need and/or academic achievement.
Worth of Award
- The University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary will be a one off payment of £3,000 to an exceptional student embarking on a postgraduate taught course within any discipline this academic year (2015/2016).
- The successful applicant will be announced by 31st August 2015. It is expected that the successful applicant attends an awards ceremony with the University of Lincoln Court in the November of the awarding academic year.
- The award will be paid in January of the academic year in which the bursary is awarded. If the student withdraws from the programme before January of the academic year in which the bursary is awarded, the bursary will be withdrawn.
The successful bursary applicant will be expected to:
- Be in good standing and enrolled on their programme of study as at January (the start of Term 2) in the relevant academic year.
- The student must complete and submit a University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary application by 31st July 2015.
- The University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary is open to applications from UK, EU, Channel Island, Isle of Man and International students.
- Engage in promotional activities for the University of Lincoln.
- Abide by the University regulations for academic and personal behaviour and act as an ambassador of the University.
- Students who are deferring entry for 2015 or beyond will not be eligible for the 2015 bursary.
- Your application and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you.
- Bursary winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and the University reserves the right to use the names of bursary award winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in publicity and marketing materials.
- The bursary is exclusively for the student selected to receive it and is neither transferable nor exchangeable. It must be collected within three months of notification or will be forfeit.
- By accepting the bursary, students agree to accept the full terms, conditions and rules of the bursary and agree to abide by the University rules and any requirements and/or proceedings issued by the University of Lincoln in regard to the bursary.
- The University cannot and does not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in the admissions process resulting in applications lost, damaged or delayed outside of the University’s control.
- The successful applicant will be notified in writing or by telephone by 31st August 2015.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw this bursary at any point and without notice.
- The University reserves the right to withhold or withdraw payment subject to inappropriate behaviour in breach of the University’s regulations or these rules.
How to Apply
- The student shall successfully apply for admission onto any taught postgraduate programme at the University of Lincoln and shall firmly accept an academic offer of a place by 10th August 2015. If the offer is conditional, the student will need to fulfil the terms of his/her offer and have their place confirmed by 10th August in the year of entry.
Deadline: Applications are now open, with a closing date of 31st July 2015.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]or telephone +44 (0)1522 886644.
Click here for more details and to apply online