Farafina Trust will be holding a creative writing workshop in Lagos, organized by award-winning writer and creative director of Farafina Trust, Chimamanda Adichie, from June 16 to June 26, 2015. The workshop is sponsored by Nigerian Breweries Plc. Guest writers who will co-teach the workshop alongside Adichie are the Caine Prize Winning Kenyan writer Binyavanga Wainaina, National Librarian of Norway Aslak Sira Myhre, and others.
The workshop will take the form of a class. Participants will be assigned a wide range of reading exercises, as well as daily writing exercises. The aim of the workshop is to improve the craft of Nigerian writers and to encourage published and unpublished writers by bringing different perspectives to the art of storytelling. Participation is limited only to those who apply and are accepted.
Worth of Award
- Accommodation in Lagos will be provided for all accepted applicants who are able to attend for the ten-day duration of the workshop.
- It is a residential workshop. Your feeding and board will be taken care of for the duration of the workshop.
- A literary evening of readings, open to the public, will be held at the end of the workshop.
Anyone can apply to the workshop, new writers included.
How to Apply
To apply, send an e-mail to [email protected]. Your e-mail subject should read ‘Workshop Application.’ The body of the e-mail should contain the following:
- Your name
- Your address
- A few sentences about yourself
- A writing sample of between 200 and 800 words. The sample must be either fiction or non-fiction.
All material must be pasted or written in the body of the e-mail. Please DO NOT include any attachments in your e-mail. Applications with attachments will be automatically disqualified.
Deadline: Closing date for for submissions is April 30, 2015.
Only those accepted to the workshop will be notified by June 2, 2015.
Click here for more details and to apply