UNSW offers the following scholarships to international research candidates of exceptional research potential to undertake a higher degree by research:
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)
- University International Postgraduate Award (UIPA)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) plus a Research Stipend
Note: In the Faculty of Engineering, only candidates for PhD will be considered for a TFS
How to apply
- Step1 – Apply for Admission (see related links): You must apply for admission at least one day before you can apply for a scholarship. (You only need to have submitted an admission application, not received an offer of admission, in order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship round).
- Step 2 – International Scholarship Guidelines (see related documents):You must read this guideline before applying for a scholarship . This document will also provide instructions on how to submit your scholarship application using your unique URL.
- Step 3 – Apply for the Scholarship: Go to your unique URL and complete the Scholarship Application. Once you have submitted your scholarship application online successfully, you will receive an automatic email confirmation.
- Step 4 – Document Submission Guidelines (see related links): Only one set of documentation is required to be sent to the GRS for both admission and scholarship. Submit all supporting documentation as per the guidelines. Certified documents can be brought with you when you arrive to enrol. Electronic copies must be sent by the closing date above to be considered for the scholarship round (with the exception of proof of English and supervisor contact).
- Step 5 – Scholarship Academic Referee Report (see related documents): Send Scholarship Academic referee report forms to two referees, with Section A completed. Your referee will receive notification when we receive the form, so please contact them directly for confirmation they have been received. Reports need to be submitted by the closing date to be considered.
- They can receive supporting documentation up until the closing date. Once the scholarship round has closed, we can no longer receive supporting documentation for that round. Please ensure you submit everything before that time.
- They are unable to release results before the outcome date above. Please note that this is the starting date of the outcome release – not all outcomes can be released on that same day. We will notify ALL recipients – whether successful or unsuccessful.
Deadline: Semester 1, 2016 International Research Candidate Scholarships
- Close 24 August 2015
- Results released from 22 October 2015
Out of Round Tuition Fee Scholarships may be available for students who have missed the S1,15 main round, and who have stipend funding provided by their Supervisor, School or Faculty.