NWAG, a non-profit organization based in Atlanta Georgia, was founded in April 2000 by the then Consul General’s wife, Mrs. Dayo Keshi with a mission to empower women, youth and children in their adopted community in the United States and in their home country, Nigeria. As at 2014, NWAG has successfully awarded a one-time, one year scholarship to 405 female students in Nigeria and 42 students in the USA.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is in the amount of fifty thousand Naira each.
How to apply
- Interested prospective applicants are advised to download an application form online. See link below.
- Completed application can be submitted with all required documents by pdf or word version to NWAG either by electronically via email at [email protected] or by regular mail to P.O. Box 14542, Atlanta, GA 30324.
- SUBJECT LINE OF EMAIL: NAME OF APPLICANT & STATE OF ORIGIN, AND ALL ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN PDF OR WORD FORMAT.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship-(not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on:
“What is the one system in Nigeria, such as educational, political, health care, financial…, that you feel if changed would have the most beneficial impact on Nigerians, and why?”
Deadline: All applications must be POST-MARKED BY May 30, 2015. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.
Click here for details and apply