The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) nvites applications for the 2015 scholarships. NWAG plans to award two one-time Scholarships in the state of Georgia, in the amount of Five Hundred Dollars each, to Georgia High School students.
NWAG, a non-profit organization based in Atlanta Georgia, was founded in April 2000 by the then Consul General’s wife, Mrs. Dayo Keshi with a mission to empower women, youth and children in their adopted community in the United States and in their home country, Nigeria.
How to Apply
- Interested prospective applicants are advised to download an application form from their website. See link below.
- The Completed application can be submitted with all required documents to NWAG either electronically via email at [email protected] or by regular mail to P.O. Box 14542, Atlanta, GA 30324.
- SUBJECT LINE OF EMAIL: NAME OF APPLICANT, AND ALL ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN PDF OR WORD FORMAT.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
An applicant must be a Nigerian female or male, high school student of Nigerian descent.
All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Residence.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church
- Pastor/Mosque Imam, Principle, Teacher or Counselor.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Principle of School.
- Photocopy of your current high school student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed double spaced page).
- Proof of 10 Hours of community service
- A type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on:
“What is the one system in Nigeria, such as educational, political, health care, financial…, that you feel if changed would have the most beneficial impact on Nigerians, and why?”
Deadline: All applications must be POST-MARKED BY May 15, 2015. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.