Applications for the Human Economy Doctoral Scholarships are invited from suitably-qualified candidates. The University of Pretoria’s Human Economy Research Programme has funds for six doctoral scholarships for research on topics relevant to the following themes
· Money in the Making of World Society
· Building a Human Economy in southern and central Africa
The scholarships will be tenable for three years. Successful applicants will be assigned to doctoral supervisors in appropriate disciplines in the Faculty of Humanities or other faculties in the University of Pretoria, and will be required to participate fully in all Human Economy Research Programme seminars, workshops and conferences.
Worth of Award
The amount of the scholarships is R 160 000 per annum, and successful applicants will have access to additional funding for their doctoral research.
- Applications from African, and particularly black South African candidates are encouraged.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in a discipline that provides appropriate preparation for research on the above themes.
- Such disciplines include, but are not restricted to, Anthropology, Development Studies, Economics, History, Geography, and Sociology.
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit
- A full curriculum vitae
- Official evidence of their academic record to date
- A statement (not more than four pages) of their proposed doctoral research. This must explain how their proposed research relates to one of the themes indicated above, and how their prior study and research prepare them for their chosen topic.
Applications should be submitted electronically to both
- Professor Keith Hart (international Director) [email protected]
- Professor John Sharp (South Africa Director) [email protected]
Deadline: The closing date for applications is April 10, 2015. Successful applicants will be expected to arrive at the University of Pretoria by the end of August 2015.
Click here for more details