The International Workshop on Climate Change “Youth Action on Climate Change” will provide an opportunity for young people to discuss, understand, share, find solutions and develop strategies on issues pertaining to youth and climate change that can be implemented at country level.
World Youth Foundation is based in Melaka, Malaysia and is headed by Hon. Senator Tan Sri (Dr.) Mohd Ali Rustam, Chairman of World Youth Foundation and is assisted by a Board of Trustees. The aim of the Foundation is to promote research, development and documentation of youth programmes beneficial to youth worldwide.
Worth of Award
The Foundation will provide accommodation, meals and local hospitality for the duration of the Workshop.
- Young people between the ages of 18 – 25 (however some flexibility will be exercised as the definition of youth varies from country to country);
- An official of the Ministry of Youth or a related government agency;
- Representatives of the private sector, the academic community, and civil society engaged in youth issues;
- Have a good understanding of the theme and the relevant policies in their respective countries;
- Proficient in English and able to do presentations in English, is a must;
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to solve problems through adaptability and flexibility;
- Motivated to improve the lives of others through their actions and work;
- Capable and willing to share experiences and resources with others in the community and contribute to theInternational Workshop on Climate Change “Youth Action on Climate Change” follow-up process;
- Willing and able to participate actively for the whole duration of the project;
- Geographical and gender balance will be respected.
Discounted fees of US $100 for: Afghanistan, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Ghana, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Laos, Maldives, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Russia, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Zimbabwe
How to Apply
The application form is available online, link is provided below
You can register after February 15th, 2015
Click here for more details