The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in Taiwan is currently accepting invitations for the Taiwan Scholarship Programme in 2019.
The MOFA Taiwan Scholarship continues to encourage outstanding students to pursue academic degrees in Taiwan and to deepen their understanding of Taiwan’s academic environment, thereby enhancing exchanges and building friendships between Taiwan and their home nations.
Worth of Award
- Scholarship recipients will be given a monthly stipend of NT$25,000 for the LEP and NT$30,000 for degree programs.
- Recipients are responsible for all expenses during their stay in Taiwan. MOFA will not provide any other subsidies. MOFA will, however, provide recipients with one-way, economy-class plane tickets for direct flights to and from Taiwan
- Is a high school graduate or above with an excellent academic record, of good moral character and has no criminal record
- Is not a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Is not an overseas compatriot student.
- Has never attended an educational institution in Taiwan at the same level of degree or LEP that he/she intends to apply for.
- Is not an exchange student through any cooperation agreement between a foreign university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan while receiving the Scholarship.
- Has not previously had a Scholarship revoked by a ROC government agency or other relevant institution.
How to Apply
- ROC embassies, consulates, representative offices and their branch offices (hereinafter “diplomatic missions”) should draw up their own general application rules based on the guidelines, as well as on circumstances in their localities, and accept applications accordingly.
- Applicants should submit the following documents to the ROC diplomatic mission responsible for their home country:
- A completed application form.
- A photocopy of their passport or other documents that prove nationality.
- A photocopy of the highest-level diploma or certificate of equivalent educational level and a complete grade transcript. If issued by a foreign educational institution, these documents must be authenticated by a ROC diplomatic mission, or directly mailed by the foreign educational institution the applicant attended to the educational institution they plan to matriculate at (if these documents are in languages other than Chinese or English, Chinese or an English translation should be provided).
- Documents to certify that they have applied to an educational institution or its affiliated Mandarin Training Center, such as photocopies of the application fee receipt, the application form and a note of reply or email from the educational institution.
- For those applying for degree programs taught in Chinese, a photocopy of a TOCFL transcript or certificate for Level 2 or above
- A photocopy of a TOEFL transcript, a certificate of English proficiency approved by the applicant’s government, or documents to certify that the applicant has graduated from a program taught in English. This does not apply to applicants whose official national language is English.
- If applicants are unable to provide the above proof of English proficiency due to special circumstances, the diplomatic mission may assess their level of language proficiency through interviews or other tests.
- Other documents requested by diplomatic missions accepting the application
Deadline: Applications close on March 31, 2019.