The Taiwan Scholarship program is a joint initiative launched by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Ministry of Education (MOE), the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) and the National Science Council (NSC) in 2004.
The MOFA Taiwan Scholarship continues to encourage outstanding students to pursue academic degrees in Taiwan and to deepen their understanding of Taiwan’s academic environment, thereby enhancing exchanges and building friendships between Taiwan and their home nations.
Worth of Award
- Scholarship recipients will be given a monthly stipend of NT$25,000 for the LEP and NT$30,000 for degree programs.
- Recipients are responsible for all expenses during their stay in Taiwan. MOFA will not provide any other subsidies. MOFA will, however, provide recipients with one-way, economy-class plane tickets for direct flights to and from Taiw
Location of Study
- Is a high school graduate or above with an excellent academic record, of good moral character and has no criminal record
- Is not a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Is not an overseas compatriot student.
- Has never attended an educational institution in Taiwan at the same level of degree or LEP that he/she intends to apply for.
- Is not an exchange student through any cooperation agreement between a foreign university/college and an educational institute in Taiwan while receiving the Scholarship.
- Has not previously had a Scholarship revoked by an ROC government agency or other relevant institution.
How to Apply
Prospective applicants can download the application form from the MOFA website.
March 31, 2015