The Department seeks to recruit an excellent social scientist (from political science or a related field) to work full time as an Assistant Professor/Postdoctoral Researcher on the project ‘Disentangling the Economic Effects of Political Institutions’ (DEEPI).
DEEPI will contribute to the collection of two large datasets and conduct research on the economic effects of political institutions, both in democracies and in autocracies.
DEEPI is financed by the Research Council of Norway, via a scheme called ‘Young Research Talents’, with additional funding from the University of Oslo.
Worth of Award
The position is for a 4-year period; 75% of the time is allocated to research and 25% to project administration and teaching. The working environment and wage level is very good (482 800?559 600 NOK/ approx. 54 000 – 62 000 Euro per year), and the successful applicant will take part in a dynamic team that contributes to moving the knowledge frontier in this field of research.
Location of Job Offer: Norway
- A comprehensive assessment of the applicant’s scientific qualifications forms the basis of appointment. Successful applicants must have handed in their PhD thesis for evaluation before the application deadline, and must have achieved a relevant PhD degree before taking up the post.
- They want to see a record of high-quality publications, especially in peer-reviewed international journals. However, the length of the applicant’s research career is taken into account when considering the number of such publications:
- The intention is to recruit the person that has the best prospects for contributing to the project’s research outputs by publishing research of the highest quality over the coming 4-year period.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted electronically with the following:
- Letter of application
- A note (2-4 pages) detailing one or two research ideas the applicant wants to pursue under the framework of the project
- A complete list of publications
Note! Publications should not be submitted with the application; the most promising candidates will be invited to submit their publications, as well as their educational certificates and diplomas, later in the process.
Deadline: application closes April 15, 2015