York University in Canada invites applications for a number of scholarships to international students ranging from $100 to $100,000 annually. Students are expected to apply for some while others are distributed automatically based on academic record of international students accepted into one of their programs. Some of the scholarships include Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, United World College Scholarship, International Entrance Scholarship, etc.
- You MUST be applying for September entry
- You MUST be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- You must be applying to the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree program in one of the following Faculties: Liberal Arts & Professional, Studies, Environmental Studies, Fine Arts, Glendon, Health, Science & Engineering, Schulich School of Business
- You must possess an excellent academic record (“A” average or equivalent) and have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports or other areas of individual achievement
- You must have graduated from high school within the past two years
- Application documentation is required. See checklist on reverse
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
Note: amounts are based on the 2010-2011 academic year and are subject to change.
External scholarships and other funding
To ensure you are maximizing your funding for your studies, they recommend you look at options in your home country, research scholarships provided by private organizations or companies.
Scholarships and bursaries for international students are limited and you should be prepared to support yourself throughout your studies at York.
How to Apply
Scholarship and Award packages can be either mailed or e-mailed to the University. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit all required documents.
Mail your application and supporting
International Scholarship Committee;
Office of Admissions; Bennett Centre for
Student Services; York University; 4700
Keele Street; Toronto, Ontario, Canada;
Email your application to: [email protected].
- If you have mailed your application and are now sending supporting documentation via e-mail, please indicate in the e-mail that your application has been mailed and the date it was sent
- Counsellors or schools may e-mail nomination letters and transcripts
- Transcripts must include contact details of the school official submitting them. Official transcripts are still required by mail, e-mailed transcripts are used for interim scholarship assessment only
- Referees can e-mail reference letters. Reference letters must include the contact information of the referees
- Include in the e-mail subject line of all e-mails: your name (as it appears on the scholarship and admission application), date of birth, and OUAC or York reference number for easy matching of documents
- This e-mail account is for document submission only. Queries to this account will not be answered. All other documents received without a scholarship application will be destroyed.
Deadline: March 22, 2014
For more information, and to apply, click here.