ACLS invites applications for the ACLS Scholarship for Healthcare Providers. This provides support for studies, help you complete medical school, and get a head start on your career.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is a grant of $1,000 scholarship to the author of the winning essay, and complimentary access to any of our courses for three runner ups.
- Any undergraduate or graduate college student currently enrolled in a “healthcare degree” program may apply
- This includes, but is not limited to, degree programs and courseware supporting the following professions: Athletic Trainer, Cardiac Sonographer, Cardiovascular Technologist, Dental Assistant, Dentist, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Electrocardiographic Technician, Emergency Medical Technician, Exercise Scientist/Specialist, Mammographer, Medical Assistant, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Assistant, Paramedic, Pharmacist, Phlebotomist, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant, Physician, Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist
- Employees and Pacific Medical Training, and their family members, are not eligible to participate in this program.
- All entries become the sole property of Pacific Medical Training.
- Proof of enrollment in a qualifying degree program may be required for eligibility.
- Payment will be made as a stipend in the first month of 2016 to the winner, funds are unrestricted.
- Minimum SAT/ACT and GPA: Any undergraduate or graduate college student currently enrolled in a “healthcare degree” program may apply
- Residency Requirement(s): Employees and Pacific Medical Training, and their family members, are not eligible to participate in this program
- School Year: Any undergraduate or graduate college student
- Major: enrolled in a “healthcare degree” program
- Required college state: Any.
- Required college or university: Any as long as you are pursing a healthcare degree
- Any parental requirements, such as a union membership or active military or veteran: N/A
- U.S. Citizenship. YES
How to Apply
- You are to write an essay between 750 to 1,000 word essay discussing emergency medical care from the perspective of a medical student. Basic life support is a critical skill for all healthcare providers and advanced and pediatric life support are also practiced by certain nurses and physicians depending on where they are working.
- Please explain how you will prepare mentally and physically before performing life saving techniques on patients in your career. Working as a healthcare provider can be a stressful and rewarding career. And we are looking for your insight and advice for other students entering the field.
- They will judge your essays based on helpfulness and sincerity, technical ACLS acumen is necessary in life but not for this essay.
- Submit your essay in Microsoft Word format to [email protected] before December 20, 2015.
- Name your attachment like: SMITH_MARK_UNIVERSITY_OF_PITTSBURGH.doc, which includes your last name, first name, and currently-enrolled school.
- Essays with spelling, typographical, or grammatical errors will not be given any consideration.
In your message, please include the following information:
- Your contact information (Full name, Email address, Telephone Number, Permanent Address)
- Name of School
- Name of Education Program
Contact Name: William Entriken
Pacific Medical Training
1100 E Hector St, Suite 101
Conshohocken, PA 19428
Deadline date: December 20, 2015
Click here for more details