Thanks to a generous contribution from the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, the Faculty of Social Sciences is able to offer a limited number of partial scholarships for students of all fee based programs in academic year 2015/16.
Worth of Award
Students will receive a waiver of school fees for their first semester of study, plus a one-off payment of 50 000 CZK (about 2050 EUR) as a contribution towards living costs.
These scholarships are ear-marked for students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition.
How to Apply
- Applications for these scholarships are open to all students from developing countries and/or countries going through a process of political and economic transition, who are applying for study in one of their Bachelor’s studies or Master’s studies programmes at Charles University Faculty of Social Sciences from academic year 2015/16.
- Applications must be made on the form that accompanies this announcement, and must include the following documents:
– completed application form
– motivation essay of no more than 1000 words, explaining why they need a scholarship, and what they hope to gain from their studies at Charles University
– two letters of recommendation from teachers, who know the student from their previous studies, including confirmation of the student’s financial need
Note: The current scholarship holders who are reapplying do not need to submit the two recommendation letters or write the essay. Please include a cover note and one recommendation letter from a Charles University academic who knows you from your studies with your application.
- Applications should be sent to Manager, International Office (at the address below). All documents submitted must be originals and written in the English language, or accompanied by certified translations.
April 30, 2015
Click for more details