HLAF aspires to become a reference point for creation of knowledge, innovations and technology transfer related issues in developing countries. They support the importance of education in building a knowledge society.
Applicants are invited from outstanding postgraduate students at PhD level or Postdoctoral researchers for the award of PhD scholarships funded by Human Life Advancement Foundation.
Worth of Award
- PhD 4 years (8 semesters) – 15,000
- Post-doctorate 1 year (2 semesters) – 35,000
- Nationality : Unrestricted
- Gender : Unrestricted
- Maximum age : 30 years for postgraduate student at PhD level. 35 years for postdoctoral researchers
- Have received acceptance (offer) letter to pursue PhD/Postdoctoral at recognized universities before final decision on scholarship is taken.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants
- All applicants should have a score of at least 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 6.0 points in the International English Language Testing Services (IELTS) or score a band 4 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET) or excellent result in other relevant English test that is accepted by the university and equivalent to the tests mentioned above.
How to Apply
Application can be made ONLINE
- Sign up as member.
- Go to “HLAF Programs” and click “Scholarship Application”
- Fill in details required and attach documents as below:
-Identification Document / Passport
-University Acceptance / Admission / Offer Letter
-CV with publication list
-English proficiency test result
-References related to the relevant study
-Any other necessary documents
These documents are compulsory. Please name the files attached as above.
- If you are applying through i) Institution within HLAF networks, or ii) Project support by having an agreement with HLAF please name the Person in Charge of the Institution as one of the referees
- Click “Submit this application” on the “summary” tab. You cannot edit any information after you submitted the application.
- It is your responsibility to provide correct and certified supporting documentation. We will not consider your application if you do not provide the correct documentation. Late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview. HLAF is not under any obligation whatsoever to call any candidate for interview.
For individual application or through institution within HLAF networks 15th April until 15th June each year.
Application for project support all year round, no deadline.
Click for more details