The ESED scholarship supports outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership considers an outstanding student to be one who:
- graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class
- is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding
- has a history of community involvement
- is committed to sustainable energy
- is committed to return and contribute to her/his home country
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must
- plan to undertake studies at the Masters level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development
- be citizens of the developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAC List of ODA Recipients
Worth of Awards
Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for Masters level students. Up to ten Masters scholarships will be awarded annually.
How to Apply
Information and the application form can be obtained online on the Application Forms page.
Applications should be submitted either by:
- Using our Online ESED Scholarship Application Submission and uploading the requested documents
- Sending all the requested files by mail
As the volume of incoming applications is extremely heavy around the deadline, we strongly urge you to submit your file as early as possible. To facilitate processing, please label your attachments as follows:
Please note that:
- Applications sent by e-mail will no longer be accepted.
- Mail packages that arrive after the deadline will not be considered.
All applicants must provide:
Application form fully completed;
Masters Applicants (in addition to the above documents)
- Please attach the form “Applicant’s Statement form – Masters Degree” provided for this purpose. The form may be downloaded from www.globalelectricity.org scholarship section.
Copies of transcripts for degrees and final grades
- Bachelors transcripts – They don’t need to be the original copies. Please note if you are selected you will be requested to provide original copies of all documents
Letter of acceptance from an approved academic institution to undertake studies in sustainable energy development;
- • if your admission is pending, please include evidence that you have applied for admission;
• if your admission has been deferred, please included the university deferral confirmation;
• If this application is for the second year of a two-year programme, please include a certificate of enrolment and your results for the first year.
• Please attach the outline of your Masters Programme of the University of your first choice. Please make sure that your programme has a high content related to Sustainable Energy.
• Please note that programmes that have no or small relation with Sustainable Energy will be discarded
- Masters Applicants
Please attach the form ”Masters Academic Reference” provided for this purpose. The form may be downloaded from www.globalelectricity.org scholarship section.
Personal reference, in letter form, must be dated and come from a person (not family member) who can discuss other personal qualities or interest that make you specially qualified to receive the scholarship.
Proof of citizenship. Refer to the eligibility section above for country eligibility
Deadline: March 9, 2012
For more information, and to apply, click here.