The 2016 International Climate Protection Fellowship is awarded to young climate experts from developing countries interested in conducting a project in Germany and developing long-term collaborations.
The fellowship allows future leaders to spend a year in Germany working on a research-based project of their own choice in the field of climate protection and climate-related resource conservation. Fellows are free to choose their own hosts. Subject to final confirmation of funding, 20 fellowships can be granted
Worth of award
- Fellowship amount according to qualifications between €2,150 and €2,650 per month
- Two-month intensive language course in Germany
- Lump sum for travel expenses
- Allowances for visits by family members lasting at least three months
- Allowance of €800 per month for the host in Germany for projects in the natural and engineering sciences, and €500 per month for projects in the humanities and social sciences
To be eligible, Applicants must have
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) completed with outstanding results less than 12 years prior to the start of the fellowship
- Clearly visible leadership potential demonstrated by experience in a leadership position, or appropriate references
- Professional experience in a leadership role in the field of climate protection (at least 48 months at the time of application), or a further academic or professional qualification
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German
How to apply
- Applications must be completed online. The completed application form including all the necessary additional documentation must be submitted by the closing date for applications.
- Immediately after submitting the documents, the applicant will receive a confirmation.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all the necessary documents have been submitted. Incomplete applications may be excluded from the selection procedure.
- The proposed host in Germany should send his/her confidential statement directly to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation by the closing date at the latest.
Deadline: Application closes on March 1, 2016