The World Bank invites applications for its summer internships for graduate and PhD students worldwide in USA, 2021
The Bank Internship Program (BIP) offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank. The internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and research experience into the Bank’s work, while improving skills in a diverse environment.
In addition, it is a great way to enhance CVs with practical work experience. Internships are available in both development operations and other business units (such as Human Resources, Communications, Accounting, etc.) however, availability during a given internship term is based on business need.
Worth of Award
- The WB pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager.
- These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city.
- Interns are responsible for their own accommodations.
- Driven by business needs, most Intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few others in the WB country offices.
- Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
- This Internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
- To be eligible for the Internship, candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity).
- Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs.
How to Apply
Application Form: Take time to prepare your application and enter your personal information accurately. You will be asked to upload the following documents:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Statement of Interest
– Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Deadline: The World Bank Group Internship is offered during two seasons, and applications are accepted during the following periods:
- Summer Internship (June-September): The application period for the Summer Internship is December 1 – January 31 each year.
- Winter Internship (December-March): The application period for the Winter Internship is September 1 – October 31 each year. All applications MUST be submitted on-line. Applications submitted after the deadline are not considered