The University of Tennessee, Knoxville Graduate School is accepting applications for a graduate fellowship designed to promote the educational and related benefits of a diverse graduate student body.
This fellowship will provide financial support to first-time rolled graduate students demonstrating significant potential to contribute to the educational mission of the Graduate School by presenting one or more of a wide range of diverse attributes.
Worth of Award
• The award will provide: a) $15,000 stipend, divided into monthly payments from August 2015 through May 2016, b) health insurance; and c) tuition, including in-state maintenance fees and out of state tuition.
• Departments are not required, but strongly encouraged to offer an assistantship for continuing support.
• Graduate students are responsible for any additional fees per semester hour assessed for any and all courses, along with their Health Fee, Technology Fees, Out-of-State Facilities Fee, and Transportation Fee.
• This is a non-renewable fellowship and no portion of the fellowship may be deferred.
The fellowship is open to first-time enrollees who have been admitted to a graduate program of study at UTK for Fall 2015 with the intent of pursuing a doctoral or master’s degree and who demonstrate significant potential to contribute to the Graduate School’s educational mission and its diversity-related goals.
- Competition is open to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and international applicants.
- Applicants must be admitted (or admitted conditionally) to a degree program by the Office of Graduate Admissions by March 25, 2015.
- Admission will be confirmed by the Graduate School. Recipients of this award must also be enrolled as full-time students (minimum nine hours of graduate enrollment) for both Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters.
How to Apply
• Return the application cover and checklist and required materials electronically to the Director of Graduate Studies in your department no later than February 19, 2015
• The Director of Graduate Studies is to submit the nominee’s entire application packet electronically to the Graduate School at [email protected]
All applications must include
• Completed Application Cover
• Professional Goals Essay: Compose an essay describing your professional goals and interest in pursuing a graduate degree to prepare you for those goals. The essay should be no more than 750 words.
• Attach a complete résumé including your educational background, work experience, honors, awards, and achievements. Number all pages and include your name on all pages.
• Transcripts: Attach an official or unofficial transcript from all previous institutions.
• Letter of Endorsement from Academic Program: The Director of Graduate Studies from the program to which you are applying must include a letter of endorsement with the rest of the application materials listed above.
• This letter should address your potential for success in the graduate program.
• No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
• Awards will be announced on the Graduate School website on April 9, 2015
• Awardees must notify the Graduate School of acceptance of the fellowship by April 21
Deadline: Application closes on March 5, 2015
Click here to apply