The Vietnamese German University in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam is now recruiting full-time lecturers with PhD, who have a strong background in research. The teaching workload will be limited to 8 periods/ week.
VGU expects its lecturers to establish their own research fields, supported by attractive startup-endowments. Our lecturers get personal tutoring by experienced scientists from Germany and VGU, and will have access to our strong network of German universities and research institutes.
- The successful candidate will be a subject matter expert in water and sanitation in urban development and able to teach and do research in the field.
- Teaching comprises lectures about water supply and waste water management in urban development, flood prevention, protection and mitigation and should reflect current research.
- Recent fields of research include water supply and waste water treatment techniques, infrastructure systems of cities, flood prevention, protection and mitigation.
- The candidate is expected to contribute to the development of the study program “Sustainable Urban Development” in consultation with the study program coordinator and the German partner universities in Darmstadt.
- The candidate should significantly contribute to the scientific profile of VGU. This includes comprehensive activities in fundamental as well as applied research, also in cooperation with industry in Vietnam. Generating externally funded research projects, supervising bachelor and master theses and leading PhD students to doctoral degrees is essential.
- The language for lectures and research at VGU is English.
Worth of Award: Full-time fixed term with the option of permanent contract
- Candidates must hold a PhD in any case; professor title will be a plus.
- Prerequisites for the recruitment are an outstanding academic record with focus in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or other areas closely related to it, including publications in international, peer-reviewed journals, an excellent doctorate, as well as proven teaching experience.
- The candidate must have excellent proven English speaking and writing abilities.
- The demonstrated ability to secure external funding and experience in guiding PhD students is desirable. The candidate should also show management skills.
- Candidate with doctor title from well-known international universities, especially in Germany will be favored. First-hand experiences with the German higher-education system are a plus.
How to apply
Send PDF or MS Word DOC (in English) with the following documents (max. size: 5 MB) as part of your application to professorship(at)vgu.edu.vn:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scans of relevant attained university degrees and other certificates
- Scans of language certificates
- References illustrating your professional and academic career including contact details of references
- List of publications
- Evaluation results for teaching (if applicable)
- Form for basic information (Download and complete this form electronically, then send together with your application)
- (All of the above documents need to either be in English or include a translation)
- All applicants will pass through VGU’s recruitment procedure which includes an assessment by our International Search and Nomination Committee.
Deadline: Application closes on January 5, 2015