Google invites applications for the 2015 Google Software Engineering Summer Internships in Sydney, Australia. This internship will run from between May 2015 to September 2015, for a consecutive 12 weeks. You must be able to intern within this time frame.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
Worth of Award
This is a full time internship and successful applicants will be treated as such
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field. Typically within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or at any stage in your PhD.
- Experience in systems software or algorithms.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Excellent C++, Java and/or Python skills.
How to Apply
Applications are done online via their website. See link below
Deadline: Applications are due by December 29, 2014 at 11:59pm AEDT. Googles’ team will review applications on a rolling basis and it’s in the candidates best interest to apply early. All hiring will be complete by March 2015.