Students who wish to complete a Master’s degree in political or social sciences (international relations, public affairs, security studies, conflict studies, human rights/ humanitarian law, development studies,…) are requested to apply for the French Embassy SAFeThink scholarship programme, that is run in cooperation with five South African think tanks (AISA, IGD, ISS, MISTRA and SAIIA)
The SAFe Think scholarship programme was launched by the Embassy of France in South Africa in 2010 with the aim of funding exceptional students wishing to undertake a Master’s degree at a French university, in all fields of human and social sciences.
Worth of Award:
- The Master bursaries cover tuition fees,
- living costs,
- a roundtrip flight ticket,
- visa fees and
- full medical and social insurance.
Location of Study:Paris, France
Level of Study:Masters
You can be considered for a bursary if:
- Your field of study is in political or social sciences (international relations, sociology, public administration, peace and security, conflict studies)
- You are a citizen of South Africa or Lesotho. Unfortunately, temporary/ permanent residents and candidates from other African countries cannot be considered.
- You hold or are in the process of completing a Bachelor’s or Honour’s degree. The degree has to be completed by September 2015.
- You have applied to at least 2 French universities and Master programmes. Should you be awarded a SAFeThink scholarship, youwill need to provide your university admission letter by June 16 2015 – otherwise the scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
How to Apply
How does the application process work?
- Fill out the application form: Fill out the form and assemble the requested documents (see below)
Submit your application
- Submit your application and the think tank recommendation via e-mail to the French Embassy ([email protected]).
- Selection interviews (end of April 2015)
- SShortlisted candidates are invited for an interview at the Embassy of France in Pretoria. Students unable to attend in person will be interviewed either telephonically or via video-conference.
For the 2015/2016 intake, please submit your applications before 23 March 2015, 17:00.
Click link to apply