The scholarship is open to Australian citizens who are ordinarily resident in Australia and who have not previously studied outside of Australia, unless you are a current Oxford-Australia scholar applying for a new course at Oxford.
The Oxford Australia Scholarship Fund was established in the 1990s with donations from Australians who studied at Oxford and, in particular, from Mr James Fairfax AC. Since then, the Fund has continued to grow, thanks to the generosity of its many supporters, including special fundraising initiatives from the alumni of Magdalen College, University College and Brasenose College, which have created awards linked to specific colleges.
Worth of Award: AUD $12,000
Location of Study: University of Oxford, UK
- You should be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford.
- You must be an Australian national who is ordinarily resident in Australia.
- You should not have previously studied outside of Australia, with the exception of current Oxford-Australia scholars applying to start a new course at Oxford.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course
- This scholarship is not open to candidates applying for postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma courses, part-time courses or non-matriculated courses.
- This scholarship is also not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2015-16.
- If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
Level of Study: All full-time graduate degrees
How to Apply:
- There is no separate application process for this scholarship
- They will use the details you insert in the ‘Nationality and ordinary residence’ section of the graduate application form to assess your country of ordinary residence.
- To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course. Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline or course applications which have been put on a waiting list are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
Deadline: application closes January 9 or January 232015.