The Prime Minister’s Scholarships for Asia (PMSA) is a scholarship programme funded by the New Zealand government and administered by Education New Zealand. Established in June 2013, the scholarship is awarded to individuals and covers costs relating to study or research in Asia.
Worth of Award
The two categories of eligible programme each have their own funding policy.
- PMSA funding for exchange programmes is awarded based on the duration of the programme and the quality of the candidate and their application with regards to the goals of the PMSA.
- Successful exchange PMSA candidates will be awarded between $200 and $250 per week, for each week they are actively on programme in Asia.
Independent programmes (non-exchange)
- PMSA candidates on non-exchange programmes may request funding for legitimate and reasonable expenses pertinent to the completion of the proposed programme.
- Approved expenses include, but are not necessarily limited to;
- Tuition/programme fees for your Asian institution
- Economy flights to and from your Asian destination
- Accommodation (while actively on programme)
- Living expenses (while actively on programme)
- Insurance (while actively on programme, including travel to and from Asia)
Location of Study: New Zealand
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Residence holder of a minimum 2 years at the time of application.
- NOT hold citizenship in their destination country in Asia.
- Propose a programme that meets the requirements of the PMSA.
Level of Study: Graduate
How to Apply
- download and complete the individual application form (available below)
- Submit completed application form and required documents in hard copy by 5pm 30 March 2015:
- By post: Education New Zealand, Scholarships Manager, PO Box 12-041, Wellington 6144
- By courier: Education New Zealand, Scholarships Manager, Level 5, 160 Lambton Quay, Wellington Central 6011
- March Round: Applications must be received by 5pm March 30, 2015
- September Round: Applications must be received by 5pm September 30, 2015