The European University Institute invites applications for the 2015/16 Economics Ph.D. Scholarships for international students. EUI is one of the most culturally diverse doctoral schools anywhere in the world. Nearly 900 scholars from over 60 countries combine to create a truly multi-national community with no one dominant culture.
With leading scholars in economics, history, law and political and social sciences, all four departments promote interdisciplinary research and teaching. Our forty years’ experience focusing exclusively on doctoral studies and research makes us a global leader in defining high-quality postgraduate education.
Researchers in ECO engage in formal course-based training in the areas of microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics.
Worth of Award
Grants and tuition fees for doctoral candidates are covered by the national grant-awarding authority.
Location of Study: Italy
You must meet the minimum degree requirements set by the national grant authorities;
- Austria: completion of university studies (Magister/Master’s degree)
- Belgium: master (economics), or licence with distinction
- Cyprus: equivalent degree
- Denmark: kandidateksamen
- Finland: equivalent foreign degree
- France: DEA (or Master) or equivalent to bac + 5
- Germany: completion of university studies and the qualifications required to study for a doctorate
- Greece: ptychion – ISCED 6
- Italy: laurea (vecchio ordinamento); laurea specialistica/Masters (nuovo ordinamento)
- Latvia: (Master’s degree or education equal to a Master’s degree)
- Netherlands: Master’s degree
- Norway: Master’s degree (or education equal to a Master’s degree).
- Poland: Magister
- Portugal: qualifications required to study for a doctorate in Portugal
- Spain: licenciatura
- Sweden: qualifications required to study for a doctorate
- Switzerland: licence/diplôme or master
- UK & Ireland: good honours degree (min. Upper Second); preference to those with a Master’s degree
- Latin American countries: licenciatura
- Other countries: diploma equivalent to the minimum qualification needed to study for a doctorate in a given country
Level of Study: Postgraduate
How to Apply
There are two distinct phases in the application process:
- Register as early as possible
You are encouraged to register, insert your personal and referee details as soon as possible. This is important to allow sufficient time for your referees to submit the reference letters before the deadline. Reference letters will not be accepted after the deadline
- Complete and submit your application by the deadline Once you have registered you may continue to work on you application (including required documents) until the deadline. Submit the application only when you have filled in all the information correctly and have successfully uploaded the final version of the required documents. Once submitted, it will not any longer be possible to update or modify your application.
Deadline application closes January 31, 2015