The BIGSSS post-doctoral competition is open to candidates who received a doctorate in political science, sociology, psychology, or related social science disciplines e.g. law, economics or mass communication within the last three years, or who can be expected to finish prior to commencing their Post-doc stay.
BIGSSS offers 2 Post-doc positions which are paid in line with TVL E13 and may be taken up for a period ranging from 6 to 24 months. The positions are full-time and subject to social insurance contribution.
Worth of Award
- BIGSSS also provides funds for conducting, presenting and publishing research.
- All fellows are expected to choose Bremen as their place of residence.
- BIGSSS welcomes and promotes diversity and ensures equal opportunity and inclusion for all of its members regardless of ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age or (disability.
How to Apply
· All Applications must be made online,
· Application Materials should include
· Personal Information Form: Please note that there is no official “application form“. Instead, applicants are requested to submit the documents described below and provide us with personal information, contact data and information on their professional background.
· Career Statement and Research Plan :Statement of 1-3 pages in which you summarize your main research contributions and interests, as well as your career plans. Reference should be made to your own fields of specialization and how they relate to the BIGSSS Thematic Fields.
· Curriculum Vitae with Publication Record:This should include information on your educational and work history, language abilities and publication record.
· Research/Publication Plan:Please provide both a short summary (100 words or less) and a longer description (up to 1,500 words) of your proposed research project and publication plan. You may either pursue a new research project or focus on making the findings from your dissertation available to an international audience in the form of a book or journal article. We seek candidates pursuing English-language publication, and ask you to specify your publication strategy (e.g. publishing house/market or journal).
Deadline: The application period will begin on November 15th, 2014 and go until February 15th, 2015.
Click here for details and to apply