The CENDARI Visiting Research Fellowships are intended to support and stimulate historical research in the two pilot areas of medieval European culture and the First World War, by facilitating access to key archives, specialist knowledge.
The fellowships are particularly designed to support researchers from countries without equivalent facilities and early career scholars with limited access to these research infrastructures
The following institutions will offer fellowships for 2015 on a competitive basis:
• Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
• King’s College London, UK
• National Library of the Czech Republic, Czech Republic
• Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH), University of Göttingen, Germany
• University of Stuttgart and Bibliothek für Zeitgeschichte, Germany
All CENDARI Fellows will be expected to:
•Work within a clearly-defined programme of research activities which contribute to your overall research goals whilst utilising the collect ions and/or the knowledge infrastructure of the chosen CENDARI host institution
•Deliver at least one lecture, workshop, seminar or master-class relating to their research project at the host institution during the tenure of their fellowship
•Participate in a limited number of expert seminars and contribute, where appropriate and relevant, to the on-going development of the CENDAR I project and infrastructure
•Submit a short written report on their progress at the end of the fellowship
•Make their findings, where applicable, available to future users of the CENDARI enquiry environment
•Provide the CENDARI project Coordinator with one copy of any publication which results from the research undertaken at the host institutions
•Publish the results of their project through the appropriate channels, making reference to
the support given by CENDARI and the European Commission
•Fellows will be expected to spend at least 3 days a week at the host institution to conduct research on their research project. Research at other institutions in the vicinity of the respective host is encouraged
How to apply
• Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] with ‘CENDARI Fellowship 2015? in the subject line.
• All application materials must be submitted in English and via email to [email protected]
The application must include the following:
• A completed application form (see Annex 2).
• A curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages).
• Name and contact details for a referee who is familiar with the applicant’s work and may be contacted directly by CENDARI.
• In the case of applications by Ph.D. students, the application should include a signed letter of recommendation from their supervisor
• A proposal (1,500 words maximum) in accordance with the guidelines below.
• Applicants are advised to consider the Eligibility and Award Criteria for the Call carefully when selecting their preferred host institution(s).
• The descriptions of the above institutions and contact details for the CENDARI project within each of the institutions are included in Annex 1 to the Terms & Conditions.
• All applications received before the deadline will be acknowledged by return email. If you do not receive an acknowledgement email within two working days of submission of your application, please contact us immediately.
Deadline: The closing date for receipt of applications is December 15, 2014.