Leakey Foundations awards research grants to doctoral students. The grants are awarded twice annually (in May and December) and constitute the majority of the Foundation’s grant program.
Worth of Award
• The majority of The Leakey Foundation’s Research Grants to doctoral students are in the $3,000-$15,000 range.
• Larger grants, especially to senior scientists and post-doctoral students, may be funded up to $25,000.
• Priority of funding is commonly given to exploratory phases of promising new research projects that meet the stated purpose of the Foundation.
• Advanced doctoral students (advanced to candidacy – all but dissertation) and established scientists are eligible for general research grants.
• There are no citizenship restrictions. However, all applications must be in English.
Consider the below if you are thinking of applying for a General Research Grant:
• Is my research relevant to human origins and evolution?
• For Ph.D candidates: Will I be advanced to candidacy (all but dissertation) before the deadline for application?
• Am I affiliated with an academic or research institution? We do not award funds to individuals.
• Am I fully compliant on all prior Leakey Foundation awards?
How to Apply
• All applications must be made online, see link below.
• At the end of the application you will be asked to upload certain documents. Specific instructions for these documents as well as templates and other useful information can be found on the online.
Deadline: Application closes on January 15, 2015
Click here for details and to apply online