The 2015 Desmond Tutu Masters Scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa for postgraduate Master’s study within the School of Divinity at the University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom for the 2015-2016 academic session.
Worth of Award
• The scholarship will cover the full overseas tuition fee and a maintenance allowance of £5,000. The award will be tenable for one academic year.
• The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate Master’s programme of study within the School of Divinity.
• Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
• The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor Degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree.
• In addition to the above academic qualifications, the selection panel will also take into account the financial circumstances of applicants to ensure that as far as possible a student’s financial situation does not impede a university education.
How to Apply
• To apply for a scholarship you must first apply for admission for an eligible programme of study at the University of Edinburgh.
• Once you have applied for admission you will receive your University Username (UUN). Your UUN is the letter ‘s’ followed by your matriculation number; for example, s0987654.
• Only applicants who have received an offer of admission (conditional or unconditional) on the closing date of the scholarship will be considered by the panel.
• Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship, see link below
• Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
Deadline: Application closes on April 1, 2015.
Click here to apply