Fortum is inviting students to develop and implement the next generation of energy solutions for consumers in the 2015 Fortum Innovative Challenge. Fortum is one of the leading energy providers in Finland and Sweden. Fortum’s purpose is to create energy that improves life for present and future generations, and since its founding in 1998 Fortum has continuingly provided sustainable solutions to its customers. By constantly evolving, and developing structures and ways of thinking, as well as being a forerunner in sustainable energy production, Fortum has become one of the best companies in Europe when it comes to low emissions and innovative solutions.
In 2014 Fortum renewed its structure in order to be able to continue being the next generation energy company in a world where the operating environment is rapidly developing. In this new structure Fortum is divided into four segments: Heat and Electricity Sales and Solutions, Power and Technology, Russia, and Distribution.
Worth of Award
- The winner of the Fortum Innovation Challenge will be awarded with several great prizes:
- Paid summer internship at Fortum
- As an intern you will work as a business or product developer at Fortum and get the opportunity to see what it’s like to work for one of Northern Europe’s largest energy companies. Although not guaranteed the internship might lead to further job opportunities at Fortum.
- The duration of the internship will be approximately 6-8 weeks and take place during the summer of 2015 at Fortum’s offices in Stockholm if you live in Sweden, or at Fortum’s offices in Espoo if you live in Finland.
- Opportunity to develop your idea with Fortum
- During your internship at Fortum, your main task will be to work with your idea and take it closer to implementation. If this cannot be arranged, we will find another interesting project according to your profile. You will nonetheless work together with professional business and product developers from Fortum, and learn how to use their models and tools in the process. Of course this is also a great opportunity to build a valuable network for the future.
- A fully paid trip to Silicon Valley with Fortum
- The two winning teams from Sweden and Finland will go on a fully paid study trip to Silicon Valley together with Fortum. During the trip you will visit companies working on exiting, new energy solutions, have the opportunity to network with interesting people in the business, and experience Silicon Valley’s unique atmosphere.
Location of Study: Silicon Valley, California
In this challenge we welcome participants that meet the following criteria:
- Residents of Finland or Sweden
- who are 18 years or older
- and have the possibility of working for Fortum during the summer of 2015
- The following are excluded from participation in the competition:
- Employees of Fortum, including participants of the jury and persons consulted by the jury
- Partners and family members of the jury, or persons with close connection to members of the jury
- You can compete by yourself or in teams of two. If you want to compete with a partner and have not yet found one, you can mingle at the Swedish or Finnish forums to find a teammate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should register on Fortum’s website through the link provided below
Deadline: application closes February 20, 2015
Click here for more details