The Howard Hughes Medical Institute International Research Fellowship supports outstanding international pre-doctoral students studying in the United States who are ineligible for fellowships or training grants through U.S. federal agencies. Participation is by invitation only. The HHMI International Student Research Fellowships are designed to facilitate the research training of outstanding international predoctoral students in the biomedical and related sciences, including physical and mathematical sciences.
Worth of Award
- Up to Three years
- Supports years three, four, and five of a PhD program
- 2015–2016 fellowship year: $43,000
Location of Study:United States
- Participation is by invitation only.
- Invited students must be in the third or fourth year of a PhD program in the biomedical or related sciences at a designated nominating institution to activate the fellowship.
- Students in their first, second, or fifth year of their PhD programs cannot activate the fellowship.
- In no case will support past year five of the PhD program be provided.
Level of Study: PhD
How to Apply
Applications are done online via their website. See link below for details
Deadline: application closes February 12, 2015