The United States Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Exchange Programs offers the community solutions fellowship, which is a professional development program for the best and brightest global community leaders working in the fields of transparency and accountability, tolerance and conflict resolution, environmental issues and women’s issues.
Worth of Award
Fellows will work with community leaders to enhance their practical expertise, leadership skills and professional contacts to address societal issues in their home communities.
Location of Study: United States
- Be community leaders, ages 25-38, currently working on a community engagement initiative in their home countries;
- Have at least two years of professional experience in this capacity at the time of application;
- Be proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application;
- Be from one of the participating countries (click on link below to access the website)
Level of Study: Graduate
How to Apply
- The Community Solutions Program is conducted as a merit-based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will be interviewed by a panel and will take the TOEFL exam or submit existing TOEFL scores. All applicants will be notified of their status by spring 2015. Applicants will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Working/volunteering on substantive community projects for non-profits, government offices, or community-based organizations; preference will be given to applicants of local organizations;
- Knowledge of and experience in one or more of the four CSP fellowship themes (Women’s Issues, Transparency & Accountability, Tolerance/Conflict Resolution, and Environmental Issues);
- Leadership experience and potential;
- Professional and program goals;
- Follow-on project idea; Intercultural/English language skills; Preference will be given to individuals with four (4) months or more academic exchange or professional training experience in the United States.
Deadline: application closes October 27 yearly
Click here for more details