The Scholarship Foundation of the Austrian Foreign Ministry invites applications for the 2021 scholarship for international students in Austria.
The Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research, and Economy (BMWFW) and the EU invite applications from international students for the 2019 scholarship awards. An award is only possible once per category, a renewal is not possible. Scholarships are also awarded for research periods at scientific research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive).
The applications are for undergraduates, graduates, and postgraduates. Area of research include:
- Natural Sciences
- Technical Sciences
- Human Medicine, Health Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Sciences
Worth of Award
- Monthly scholarship instalment: 1.050 EUR
- Health insurance
- Travel Cost
To be eligible, applicants must
- Descendants of forced labourers under the Nazi Regime (regardless of their country of origin) or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
- Students meeting the above-mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
- on their bachelor thesis
- on their diploma or master thesis
- or their dissertation.
- No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
How to Apply
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on www.scholarships.at:
- Fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
- Two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation, no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date, and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university/department and must be no older than six months at the time of application. The letters of recommendation and the confirmation of supervision cannot be issued by the same person.
- Confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences or research institution.
- Scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- University graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment at a study programme at a university outside Austria
- Confirmation, that proves your participation in a study programme (Bachelor, Master/Diploma or PhD) at your home university
- For descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs
Deadline: Application closes March 1, 2021.