Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) in partnership with Agence Française de Développement (AFD), offers multiple scholarships ranging from partial to full tuition fee grants every year to incoming students in the Development programs of PSIA.
The scholarships include:
- Master in Development Practice: in principle, the scholarship is offered for one year. Students enrolled on this program must show sufficient academic performance during the first semester or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second semester.
- Master in International Development: in principle, the scholarship is offered for both years of study. Students enrolled on this program must show sufficient academic performance over thecourse of the first year or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second year.
Worth of award
• Multiple scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to the best candidates on the basis of their academic record and their project at Sciences Po.
• In principle, the AFD – PSIA Scholarship goes towards covering tuition fees.
• The AFD-PSIA scholarship is offered for the entire length of study at PSIA on condition of sufficient academic performance (top 50% of the class). Students who do not meet this requirement will have their scholarship withdrawn.
- PSIA Scholarship is dedicated to nationals of African countries only.
- Priority will be given to students coming from the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Liberia, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
- Applicants must have already submitted a full application to the Paris School of International Affairs of Sciences Po (PSIA) for the 2015 intake through the Sciences Po Admissions Portal (including all supporting documents and references) and must have applied to one of the following programs in Development
- PSIA’s Master in Development Practice (one – year program)
- PSIA’s Master in International Development (two-year program)
- Only applicants successfully admitted to PSIA will be considered for the scholarship.
- Students applying to a dual degree program are not eligible.
How to apply
• To apply, please send the following materials by email to Ms Heather Clarke at [email protected] with ‘AFD – PSIA Scholarship Application 2015’ in the subject line.
For all applicants:
• CV in English
• Cover letter of 1000 words in English (indicating which program at PSIA you are applying for) addressed to the members of the joint selection committee
• Completed and signed release form (see page 3)
• For applicants coming from Sciences Po’s Undergraduate College only, in addition to the two above mentioned items (CV and cover letter), also provide:
• Copy of the official academic transcripts for the entire length of your time in higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programs)
• Two letters of reference from professors. To ensure confidentiality, these letters should be sent by the professors directly by email to: [email protected]
• The AFD – PSIA joint selection committee will review the scholarship applications.
Deadline: Application closes on February 8, 2015, Results will be announced around mid-April 2015.
Click here to apply