The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) of the Nanyang Technological Univerity NTU, Singapore, is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a PhD at NTU in 2018 through the Graduate Scholarship for International Students in Singapore.
The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subject to good progress. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates, as determined by the school as well as the availability of research funding in each case.
Worth of Award
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of $3,000 (for international students)
- Conference allowance up to S$4,000 per financial year (April previous year to March current year).
- One-time IT allowance of $1500
- Annual grant of $500 for journal subscription or book purchase
- Thesis preparation allowance: One-time allowance of $600. It will be disbursed during the final year scholarship renewal.
- Priority will be given for subsidized campus accommodation
* With effect from August 2012, the newly admitted students will receive the following monthly stipend
- Singapore Citizens -S$3,500
- Singapore Permanent Residents -S$3,200
- International students -S$3,000
- For those under scholarships, the terms for the Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship are being reviewed.
- Revised terms of the scholarships will be implemented from the January 2013 intake onwards.
- There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but all things being equal, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- You must have a First Class Honours degree or equivalent at Bachelor’s level
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a First Class Honours degree or equivalent
- There is no bond attached to the scholarship.
How to Apply
- You may apply directly via NIE’s website. See Link below
- Please refer to the NPGS website for more details.
- If you have enquiries about the Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship, please email to Admissions Research ([email protected]).
Deadline: For applicants to NIE, please be informed that applications will be opened from 01 October to 30 November 2018.