The African Development Bank accepts applications for the 2020 Young Professionals Programme (YPP) in Cote D’Ivoire.
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) targets high potential, best-in-class young professionals with a strong passion for Africa’s development. This program is not an internship arrangement; rather it offers exceptional career opportunities to talented young professionals with leadership potential, an established record of outstanding academic and professional achievement to make a difference to the development of the African continent. The YPP includes a rigorous program of activities including a learning Academy that prepares participants to be technical and professional leaders with notable impact.
Worth of Award
- The Program is for a period of three years; the first two years will be spent on mandatory rotational placements across the Bank’s various functions. The third-year rotation year will be spent in the Home Complex where the YP will graduate into a staff position.Only YPs who have completed the YP Academy and have exhibited high performance and high potential will be integrated into the Bank’s workforce.
- The Professional and Personal Development Program is structured under the Young Professionals Learning Academy with specific learning interventions delivered in phases of 6 months each. These learning interventions serve to deepen technical knowledge and build leadership skills required for effective delivery of task functions and future roles in the Bank. The Learning academy also includes on- the job training that requires immersion into various functional areas of the Bank for hands-on experience in projects and various work assignments.
- On-boarding and orientation programs ensure faster integration into the Bank’s culture and offer a robust support mechanism from mentors, coaches and buddy groups.
- Individual performance and potential will be reviewed periodically, and the necessary personal development plans customized to individual needs.
The Young Professional Program targets motivated and high-potential individuals from our member countries. Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Be a citizen of a member country of the Bank.
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 1st May 2020.
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials.
- Have at least 3 years post-graduate work experience in the areas related to the high priority areas (Hi-5s).
- Interested candidates with coding, e-development, animation and platforms designs and maintenance are required this year.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries is a necessary requirement.
- Have a passion for Africa’s development
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others. Work effectively in teams with displayed high adaptability to a diverse environment.
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability.
- High business acumen and innovative mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you to work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves.
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and any other country in Africa where the Bank may require your services.
- Ability to travel continentally (20% of your time).
How to Apply
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered.
- The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level.
- The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Application deadline is November 13, 2019.