The Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship is offering 5 Scholarships to prospective MBA students at Oxford University. The scholarship exists to support all MBAs to prepare to be entrepreneurial wherever their career may take them.
Worth of Award
- The Skoll Scholarship covers full funding for studying at the Said Business School including tuition and college fees as well as living costs.
To be considered, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are taking entrepreneurial action to create positive impact. You have spent preferably at least three years driving change, for example you could have started or grown a social venture; led the expansion of a social impact initiative withinan organisation; or been tackling a specific social/environmental issue, through a core thread that unites your work.
- You are creating impact with a focus on systems change and you can demonstrate the outcomes and impact.
- You embody the personal qualities of a social entrepreneur, for example, bias towards action, persistence, resourceful, willingness to take risks, and have a deep understanding of the problem you are trying to solve.
- You can demonstrate why the Oxford MBA is critical to your career trajectory in helping to develop your work/ impact at this stage.
- You have the financial need, as the cost of programme would be a significant financial burden due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances.
Location: Saïd Business School, Oxford University, United Kingdom
Target Countries: Open to all nationalities
How to Apply
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA programme.
Follow these steps:
1. Connect with them to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
2. Apply for the MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1 and 2 of the MBA admissions process for the 2019-20 academic year.
3. Tick the “Skoll Scholarship” box when you submit your MBA application! You’ll find this under the “Scholarships” section of the application.
4. The MBA admissions team will assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School. Then, if you are accepted onto the MBA programme, you will be eligible to apply for the Skoll Scholarship.
5. Once you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA programme, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the Scholarship online application.
6. Complete the Skoll Scholarship online application. This consists of a series of short essay questions asking about your experience as an entrepreneur, your social impact, and why you believe you are a strong candidate for the scholarship.
- You must apply for admission to the Oxford MBA by January 11, 2019. You will get a decision by March 22, 2019.
- The Skoll Centre will email you a scholarship application form on March 26, 2019 if you are accepted into the MBA programme.
- You must submit the scholarship form by April 1, 2019.
Contact: Email: [email protected]
- Register your interest in the scholarship by clicking here.
- Check here for details and apply for admission online.
- Information about the scholarship is here