Skoll Center for Social Entrepreneurship and the Oxford Saïd Business School invites applications for the Skoll MBA Scholarship for International Students in the UK 2022.
Oxford University has a rich tradition of developing leaders. Their MBA programme builds on this legacy, providing you with a solid foundation in core business principles while developing a broadened mindset and understanding of the role of business in society. You will be challenged to delve deep into the areas that interest you most and gain the strategic skills and insight to lead a successful, purposeful career.
The Skoll Scholarship is funded by a generous grant from the Skoll Foundation and is administered by the Skoll Centre, which is based at the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. The Skoll Centre typically awards up to four scholarships every year.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship is intended to cover the Oxford Saïd MBA course fees, which in 2020-21 will be £59,490.
- Additional funds of at least £14,985 are provided as a contribution towards living expenses.
- In rare cases, partial scholarships may be offered.
To be eligible for the Skoll Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have started a new social venture or an initiative within an existing organisation, or pursued positive change as an impact career professional (i.e. someone who has used entrepreneurial approaches to address the same social/environmental issue with a clear core thread that unites their work) for preferably 3 years or longer by the time you apply for the MBA;
- Demonstrated evidence of personal qualities strongly resonating with entrepreneurial leadership;
- Have demonstrated how a business education will help further your career goals;
- Have demonstrated the need for financial support.
How to Apply
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship follow these steps:
- Connect with them to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1,2, or 3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2021-22 academic year.
- Upload your answers to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions as part of your MBA application, and submit your MBA application! You’ll find the Scholarship essay questions under the “Funding” section of the MBA application.
- They would advise that you allow yourself about 1-weeks’ time to answer the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Saïd Business School and determine if you are accepted onto the MBA programme or not.
Deadline: Application closes on January 12, 2022.