The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) invites applications for the Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa: Doctoral Dissertation Completion Fellowship in 2022.
The program features a thematic focus on peace, security, and development by exploring concrete linkages between these themes. It also seeks to strengthen interdisciplinary social science research capacity especially in.
Worth of Award
- The doctoral dissertation proposal fellowship provides fellowships up to US$3,000.
- Should you choose to apply for other fellowships and or grants, the SSRC program will work with you to construct a budget that is acceptable to SSRC and other funding organizations.
- If awarded a fellowship, your expenses (airfare, hotel, meals, ground transport) will be paid for by the SSRC. To this effect, SSRC staff will make arrangements for travel and accommodation or in rare cases offer you a maximum sum with which to arrange your own needs.
All applicants must
- be citizens of any sub-Saharan African country
- be enrolled, intend to enroll by the time of the award, and be working towards a PhD in an accredited university, or affiliated institution in Ghana, , Nigeria, , Tanzania, or Uganda
- hold a master’s degree at the time of application
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted using the online application portal.
- Strong proposals will offer clear and concise descriptions of the project and its significance.
- Proposals should display a thorough knowledge of the relevant social science literature that applicants will engage in and the methodologies relevant to the project.
- In addition, applicants must demonstrate that all proposed activities are feasible and can be completed in a timely manner.
Deadline: All materials for the Next Generation Doctoral Dissertation Completion Fellowship must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm (EST) on February 1, 2022.