The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) invites applications for the ICANN Fellowship Program for Developing Countries in the Netherlands in 2023.
The goal of the ICANN Fellowship Program is to strengthen the diversity of the multi-stakeholder model. This it will do by fostering opportunities for individuals from underserved and underrepresented communities to become active participants in the ICANN community.
Fellows are exposed to the workings of the ICANN community, are assigned a mentor, and receive training across different areas of knowledge and skill building. This takes place before, during, and after an ICANN Public Meeting.
Worth of Award
- ICANN.org will cover the cost of the lowest fare available economy airfare at the time of booking based on the fellow’s approved dates of arrival and departure.
- It will book and pay for a standard room (king or queen) on the fellow’s behalf based on single occupancy.
- For ICANN meetings, a stipend not to exceed USD 500.00 will be provided to offset reasonable individual expenses. (such as meals, transport to/from the airport and incidentals).
- Furthermore, ICANN.org will reimburse costs incurred by fellows to obtain a visa up to USD 200.00
Candidates from all regions and sectors are welcome to apply to the ICANN Fellowship Program.
Participants of the Fellowship Program must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be interested in, or already engaged in, the various components of ICANN‘s work. These include policy building, the operation of the Domain Name System and the security and stability of the global Internet
- Complete mandatory ICANN Learn course(s)
- NOT be involved in or associated with other ICANN-supported travel programs at the time of selection
- Policy Forum applicants must have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship
- Have previously received no more than two fellowships; second and third-time fellows must prove their involvement and engagement in one of the ICANN communities
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: Closure of the application round for the ICANN Fellowship Program is December 15, 2022.
Click here to log in